SXSW - PAPA

PAPA'S Tender Madness was a welcomed release last year. It's only fitting that these guys are coming to SXSW to get the recognition they deserve. I can't wait to see Darren Weiss' singing and drumming live and in person. I didn't even know that the drummer was the singer until I saw their live set video filmed at the El Rey (which is one of the videos I'm posting). 

I have no idea why this band is not more popular or more well known because their sound is fresh, unique and solid. With I am the Lion King, Put Me To Work and If You're My Girl, Then I'm Your Man being all strong stand alone singles, I really hope SXSW is the breakthrough they need to get more radio play and exposure. 




PAPA was formed in 2008 between childhood friends Darren Weiss and Danny Presant. I can't wait to witness their live show and I look forward to seeing what this band does in years to come. 

If you are coming to SXSW,  put these guys on your list to see live, I will definitely be there! 





Comments