Jeremy Messersmith Live Concert Review - 7.12.14 (Stubb's Jr)

I can thank my local radio station for playing Jeremy Messersmith which is how I found out about him. Believe it or not the local Clear Channel station 1031iheartaustin is actually a station that is playing a pretty expansive alternative playlist that you don't hear everywhere else - you can also stream online so check them out! If I am in the car listening to the radio, it is usually their station unless the signal is crappy. 

They started playing "It's Only Dancing" and I was hooked. I had to look him up and started exploring his entire Heart Murmurs album and it's just awesome, not to mention all his other albums as he has been playing for a long while now. He definitely has a pop vibe going on but there are so many layers to the music and his witty lyrics. He is labeled a singer/songwriter but Jeremy Messersmith and his band are so much more and the live set is not one to be missed.

My favorite parts well..I don't think I can say I had a least favorite part but he is very good with the crowd throughout with tidbits and reasons for songs and we even had a nice little sing along with a rehearsal and everything. I got a nice treat earlier in the day of what I was going to see the night of the show because he ended up at a Sofar Sounds show which was totally awesome. 

I am pretty straight and to the point with my posts because I don't have a lot of time to write and I am sure shorter posts are better for the reader so I will just let some of the pictures I took and the two videos do the talking. I highly recommend his live show and I hope with this post there will be a few other people out there that will become JM converts. 

Also, if you collect records and like hot pink - I highly recommend getting Heart Murmurs on vinyl, it is pretty sweet. 









You can connect with Jeremy Messersmith here:

Upcoming Dates (Supper Club Tour)
July 24th, Brooklyn, NY
August 2, Duluth, MN (Howling Moon Festival)
August 11, Des Moines, IA
August 13, Wichita, KS
August 14th, St Louis, MO
August 15th, Chicago, IL
August 16th, Evanston, IL
August 17th, Oshkosh, WI
August 18th, Rochester, MN (Sold Out)

Comments