- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I recently found out about the band Ought and had to do a post pretty quick and share this band as soon as I could. More Than Any Other Day is at the top of my 2014 album release list so far. The one dilemma I had for their live show was that I would be out of town for the Austin date and the closest show I could make it to would be in Dallas. I actually drove over an hour to make it to the show but it was totally worth it.
I haven't been to Three Links before as I have been away from Dallas and particularly haven't been to Deep Ellum in years even though it used to be a favorite spot of mine back in the day. Three Links is a bar with a nice stage and it was a good spot to check out Ought for the first time.
Before the show started I got to talk to Tim Beeler for a bit and he is SOOOOOOO nice. The entire band was super cool and I felt like I was in on something. I was in on the start of a band that is going to tour and their fan base is going to continue to grow. Their live set is amazeballs. I don't know how to describe Tim Beeler's stage presence - but all I can say is that he has a magnetism on stage that you can't deny. He even gave me a shout out for driving so far on stage which was totally awesome - he didn't have to do that.
I have already waited too long to post this review so I will just let the photos I took and the two songs I recorded speak for themselves. If you are looking for unique, fresh and new - that is exactly in my opinion what Ought is all about.
Dub Thompson opened and they definitely have some punk vibes going on and Dograces was my favorite track from them. They are definitely worth checking out. The bass player and drummer switched for a song or two and I thought that was pretty cool.
I'm sharing a few pictures and the two songs I recorded were Habit and More Than Any Other Day. They still have lots of upcoming tour dates so if you get a chance - go check them live, I promise you won't be disappointed. I am really excited to see what these guys do in the future. Yes, I am that annoying fan that asks for a picture with the band.
I haven't been to Three Links before as I have been away from Dallas and particularly haven't been to Deep Ellum in years even though it used to be a favorite spot of mine back in the day. Three Links is a bar with a nice stage and it was a good spot to check out Ought for the first time.
Before the show started I got to talk to Tim Beeler for a bit and he is SOOOOOOO nice. The entire band was super cool and I felt like I was in on something. I was in on the start of a band that is going to tour and their fan base is going to continue to grow. Their live set is amazeballs. I don't know how to describe Tim Beeler's stage presence - but all I can say is that he has a magnetism on stage that you can't deny. He even gave me a shout out for driving so far on stage which was totally awesome - he didn't have to do that.
I have already waited too long to post this review so I will just let the photos I took and the two songs I recorded speak for themselves. If you are looking for unique, fresh and new - that is exactly in my opinion what Ought is all about.
Dub Thompson opened and they definitely have some punk vibes going on and Dograces was my favorite track from them. They are definitely worth checking out. The bass player and drummer switched for a song or two and I thought that was pretty cool.
I'm sharing a few pictures and the two songs I recorded were Habit and More Than Any Other Day. They still have lots of upcoming tour dates so if you get a chance - go check them live, I promise you won't be disappointed. I am really excited to see what these guys do in the future. Yes, I am that annoying fan that asks for a picture with the band.
Please tell me someone else is excited about this band? :)
Comments





All in all, it was a celebratory evening that discriminated against no one. Freedia will soon be entering the fifth season of her show on the Fuse network and bringing bounce music and good times to all who welcome her. see this on concertsutah.com
ReplyDelete